Schedule 3 of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010 comes
into force on the 7th January 2019. From this date onwards:
· All new developments of more than 1 house or where the construction area is 100m2 or more, will require sustainable drainage systems (SuDS) for managing surface water;
· Drainage systems for all new developments must be designed and built in accordance with statutory SuDS standards;
· Local authorities will become SuDS Approval Bodies (SAB);
· SuDS schemes must be approved by the local authority acting in its SAB role before construction works begin.
· The SAB will have a duty to adopt compliant SuDS so long as it is built and functions in accordance with the approved proposals, including any SAB conditions of approval.
Decision type: Key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Notice of proposed decision first published: 18/01/2019
Decision due: 21 Feb 2019 by Cabinet
Lead member: Cabinet Member for Clean Streets, Recycling & Environment
Lead director: Director of Planning, Transport & Environment
Scrutiny Consideration: Amber/Ambr