1. shared responsibility to enable a Child Friendly approach to city recovery and renewal be adopted across all Cabinet portfolios
2. the short term response for the next 12 months which comprises an appropriate balance of both universal and targeted solutions to meet the needs of all children and young people be agreed
3. endorsement be given to the proposed focus upon the re-engagement and well-being of children and young people, in particular to support multi-agency partnership working and community inclusion to successfully deliver the ‘Summer of Smiles’ festival across the city.
4. Support be given to a positive communications campaign that champions children and young people and continues to build trust in schools to promote children’s best interests, well-being and individual potential.
5. Responsibility be delegated to the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team, in consultation with the relevant cabinet members, to deliver the actions identified within the report, and ensure that resources are appropriately prioritised to address the needs of the most vulnerable and at risk children and young people.
6. Responsibility be delegated to the Director of Education and Lifelong Learning, in consultation with the relevant cabinet members, to work with partners to refresh the Child Friendly Cardiff Strategy by the end of 2021.