At its meeting on 19 April 2018 the Cabinet
agreed the publication of appropriate statutory notices to:
• Increase the capacity of Ty Gwyn to allow for up to 198 places
• Extend the age range of Greenhill from 11-16 to 11-19 and increase the capacity of the school to allow for up to 64 places
• Change the type of special educational need Meadowbank School provides for
• Phase out the Specialist Resource Base at Allensbank School, closing the class in July 2020, or when all current pupils have completed their primary placement, if earlier; open an eight-place early intervention class for children with speech and language
• Open a specialist resource base at Ysgol Pwll Coch, providing up to 10 places initially, but with scope to extend to 20 places in future, as demand grows.
• Extend the place number of the SRB at Ysgol Glantaf to 30 places.
This report is to advise the Cabinet of any objections received, the Council’s response to these objections and recommendations for implementation or otherwise of the proposals.
Decision type: Key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Notice of proposed decision first published: 08/06/2018
Decision due: 5 Jul 2018 by Cabinet
Lead member: Cabinet Member for Education, Employment & Skills
Lead director: Director of Education and Lifelong Learning
Contact: Nick Batchelar, Director of Education Email: Nicholas.Batchelar@cardiff.gov.uk Tel: 0292087 2700.
Scrutiny Consideration: Amber