1. officers be authorised to consult on proposals to:
· Expand the school from 1,072 places (5.5 Forms of Entry with 247 sixth form places) to 1,450 places (8 Forms of Entry with 250 sixth form places) from September 2023;
· Replace the Cathays High School buildings with new build accommodation on the Maindy Centre site adjacent to Crown Way and North Road;
· Expand the current Specialist Resource Base (SRB) for learners with Autism Spectrum Condition from 16 to 50 places in purpose-built accommodation in the new school buildings;
· Upgrade community facilities in Cathays and Gabalfa through the significantly enhanced school facilities being made available for shared use with the wider local community.
· Provide space for the local community to continue to have access to off-road open spaces for informal leisure use.
2. it be noted that officers will bring a report on the outcome of the consultation to a future meeting to seek authorisation as to whether to proceed to publish proposals in accordance with section 48 of The School Standards and Organisation (Wales) Act 2013.