Appendix 3 (c) and Appendix 13 are exempt from publication because they contain information of the kind described in paragraphs 14 and 21 of parts 4 and 5 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972.
A) having taken account of the comments of the Section 151 Officer in respect of the robustness of the budget and the adequacy of the reserves as required under Section 25 of the Local Government Act 2003, and having considered the responses to the Budget Consultation agree that
1. the changes to fees and charges as set out in Appendix 3 (a) and 3 (c) to this report be approved
2. authority be delegated to the appropriate Director in consultation with the appropriate Cabinet Member, the Section 151 Officer and the Cabinet Member for Finance, Modernisation & Performance, to amend or introduce new fees and charges during the year, subject if necessary (having regard to the proposed change), to an Equality Impact Assessment and public consultation being undertaken and the results thereof being duly considered before the delegated authority is exercised.
3. the rents of all Housing Revenue Account dwellings (including hostels and garages) be increased by 1.5% having taking into account WG guidance.
4. all service charges and the management fee for leaseholders as set out in Appendix 3 (b) be approved
5. all Housing Revenue Account rent increases take effect from 5 April 2021.
6. the financial challenges facing the Council as set out in the Medium Term Financial Plan be recognised and the opportunities for savings over the medium term be noted
7. in the event that final settlement differs from Provisional Settlement (as set out in paragraph 30 of the report), there will be a proportionate adjustment to or from earmarked reserves, and that the Section 151 Officer be authorised to prepare an addendum to the 2021/22 Budget to reflect the requisite changes.
B) having taken account of the comments of the Section 151 Officer in respect of the robustness of the budget and the adequacy of the reserves as required under Section 25 of the Local Government Act 2003, and having considered the responses to the Budget Consultation Council be recommended to
1.0 Approve the Revenue, Capital and Housing Revenue Account budgets including all proposals and increasing the Council Tax by 3.5% as set out in this report and that the Council resolve the following terms.
2.0 Note that at its meeting on 17 December 2020 Cabinet calculated the following amounts for the year 2021/22 in accordance with the regulations made under Section 33(5) of the Local Government Finance Act 1992:-
a) 147,794 being the amount calculated in accordance with Regulation 3 of the Local Authorities (Calculation of Council Tax Base) (Wales) Regulations 1995, as amended, as its Council Tax base for the year.
b) Lisvane 2,513
St. Fagans 1,746
Old St. Mellons 2,192
being the amounts calculated in accordance with Regulation 6 of the Regulations as the amounts ... view the full decision text for item 7.