(1) the budget principles on which this Budget Strategy Report is based and the approach to meeting the Budget Reduction Requirement both in 2020/21 and across the period of the Medium Term Financial Plan within the context of the objectives set out in Capital Ambition be agreed.
(2) directorates work with the relevant Portfolio Cabinet Member, in consultation with the Corporate Director Resources and Cabinet Member for Finance, Modernisation and Performance to identify potential savings to assist in addressing the indicative budget gap of £25 million for 2020/21 and £101 million across the period of the Medium Term Financial Plan.
(3) Authority be delegated to the Chief Executive, in consultation with the Leader and Cabinet Member for Finance, Modernisation and Performance, to implement any saving proposal in advance of 2020/21 where no policy recommendation is required or where a policy decision has already been taken.
(4) It be noted that work will continue to update and refresh the MTFP and that this will be reported to Members as appropriate.
(5) expressions of interest be sought from officers in respect of the voluntary redundancy scheme, in order to support the delivery of savings required in the report.
(6) Council be recommended to agree the Budget Timetable Framework set out in Appendix 2 be adopted, and that the work outlined be progressed with a view to informing budget preparation.
(7) consultation on 2020/21 budget proposals take place in order to inform the preparation of the draft 2020/21 Budget.