Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
At its meeting on 19 April 2018 the Cabinet
agreed the publication of appropriate statutory notices to:
• Increase the capacity of Ty Gwyn to allow for up to 198 places
• Extend the age range of Greenhill from 11-16 to 11-19 and increase the capacity of the school to allow for up to 64 places
• Change the type of special educational need Meadowbank School provides for
• Phase out the Specialist Resource Base at Allensbank School, closing the class in July 2020, or when all current pupils have completed their primary placement, if earlier; open an eight-place early intervention class for children with speech and language
• Open a specialist resource base at Ysgol Pwll Coch, providing up to 10 places initially, but with scope to extend to 20 places in future, as demand grows.
• Extend the place number of the SRB at Ysgol Glantaf to 30 places.
This report is to advise the Cabinet of any objections received, the Council’s response to these objections and recommendations for implementation or otherwise of the proposals.
1. the proposals as set out in paragraph 2 of the report be approved without modification.
2. Subject to approval by the Welsh Government, the proposal to extend the age range of Greenhill from 11-16 to 11-19 be approved (This change requires determination by Welsh Ministers)
3. Subject to approval by the Governing Body St Mary the Virgin CiW Primary School, the inclusion of SRB accommodation in the Band B scheme for a new build St Mary the Virgin CiW Primary School be approved.
4. Officers be authorised to take the appropriate actions to implement the proposals as set out in paragraph 2 of the report
5. Officers be authorised to publish the decision within 7 days of determination of the proposal.
6. the approval of any necessary contracts be delegated to the Director of Education and Lifelong Learning in consultation with the Corporate Director Resources & Section 151 Officer, Director of Legal Services and the Cabinet Members for Finance, Modernidation & Performance and Education & Skills.
Contact: Nick Batchelar, Director of Education Email: Nicholas.Batchelar@cardiff.gov.uk Tel: 0292087 2700.
Report author: Nick Batchelar
Publication date: 06/07/2018
Date of decision: 05/07/2018
Decided at meeting: 05/07/2018 - Cabinet
Effeithiol O: 18/07/2018