Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider the budget strategy
(1) Agreement be given to the budget principles on which this Budget Strategy Report is based and the approach to meeting the Budget Reduction Requirement both in 2022/23 and across the period of the Medium Term Financial Plan within the context of the objectives set out in Capital Ambition.
(2) directorates work with the relevant Portfolio Cabinet Member, in consultation with the Corporate Director Resources and Cabinet Member for Finance, Modernisation and Performance to identify potential savings to assist in addressing the indicative budget gap of £21.310 million for 2022/23 and £80.853 million across the period of the Medium Term Financial Plan.
(3) Authority be delegated to the Chief Executive, in consultation with the Leader and Cabinet Member for Finance, Modernisation and Performance, to implement any saving proposal in advance of 2022/23 where no policy recommendation is required or where a policy decision has already been taken.
(4) It be noted that work will continue to update and refresh the MTFP and that this will be reported to Members as appropriate.
(5) Council be recommended to agree that the Budget Timetable Framework set out in Appendix 2 be adopted, and that the work outlined is progressed with a view to informing budget preparation.
(6) consultation on 2022/23 budget proposals take place in order to inform the preparation of the draft 2022/23 Budget.
Publication date: 19/07/2021
Date of decision: 15/07/2021
Decided at meeting: 15/07/2021 - Cabinet
Effeithiol O: 29/07/2021