Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Cabinet approved the ‘Building Resilient Communities Through the Further Development of Communities Hubs’ report in May 2018.
Within the report it proposed a new approach to library services, building on best practice to deliver quality library services and events across the city.
This strategy will demonstrate how Cardiff Council will meet the Welsh Public Library Standards and build on the key themes mentioned within that report, including
· Books provision and management
· Heritage, culture and information
· Children’s literacy and curriculum support
· Digital creativity
· Community engagement and well-being
1. the Hub and Library Strategy 2019 – 2023 (attached at appendix 1 to the report) be agreed
2. the draft Library Collection Policy (attached at appendix 2 to the report) be agreed in principle and consultation with key stakeholders be authorised
3. authority be delegated to the Assistant Director (Housing and Communities) in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Housing and Communities to approve the final Library collection Policy. Should any significant change to the draft policy be proposed as a result of the stakeholder consultation, the policy will be returned to Cabinet for further consideration and approval.
Publication date: 20/02/2020
Date of decision: 20/02/2020
Decided at meeting: 20/02/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 04/03/2020