Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The report will present the detailed assessment of the revised package of non charging measures as the preferred option to deliver compliance of the NO2 limit value in the shortest possible time as required by the legal Direction received from Welsh Government.
1. the outcome of the public consultation on the Preferred Option as set out in paragraphs 66-71 of the report be noted
2. the Clean Air Feasibility Study Final Plan (Full Business Case) for submission to Welsh Government no later than the 30th June 2019 be approved
3. authority be delegated to the Director of Planning, Transport and Environment, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Strategic Planning & Transport, to make any necessary amendments to the Final Plan, provided no fundamental changes to the agreed Preferred Option occurs as result of the amendments.
4. the wider Clean Air Strategy and Action Plan included as Appendix C in the Final Plan be approved
5. authority be delegated to the Director of Planning, Transport and Environment in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Strategic Planning & Transport to assess the feasibility of implementing a Low Emission Zone for Buses and/ or Quality Partnership Scheme.
6. the undertaking of public consultation on the concept designs of proposed City Centre Improvement Schemes be approved namely:
7. Authority be delegated to the Director of Planning, Transport and Environment, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Strategic Planning & Transport, to progress and approve detailed design of works, taking account of feedback to the public consultation and to progress the necessary Traffic Regulation Orders.
8. Having regard to legal and procurement advice (and the caveats set out in paragraph 135 of the report) approval be given to proceed to Tender of a contractor on the following schemes;
a) City Centre West Phase 1
b) City Centre North Phase 1
c) City Centre East Phase 1,
9. a further report on the City Centre Schemes be recievd prior to contract award.
Publication date: 14/06/2019
Date of decision: 13/06/2019
Decided at meeting: 13/06/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 26/06/2019