Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The council has set a target of delivering at least 2,000 new council homes, of which 1,000 must be delivered by May 2022. The report sets out the strategy for delivering the target, identifies the delivery routes, details the land appropriations required and sets out a ‘housing protocol’ with estates to ensure that land opportunities are not missed.
Appendix 4 to the report is not for publication as it contains exempt information of the description contained in paragraphs 14 and 21 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972
1. the progress made to date on the Council’s new build housing programme and the strategy’s approach to housing mix, place making & standards be noted and a ‘Cardiff Design Standard’ be adopted for the programme.
2. the sites that will deliver new council homes through the additional build programme - identified in Appendix 3, be confirmed and the appropriation of these sites to “planning purposes” (under Part IX of the Town & Country Planning Act 1990) be approved, due to land not being required for its present purpose during the development period and following completed construction works the Council housing be appropriated back into the Housing Revenue Account.
3. the continuation of the Cardiff Living programme onto the next phases of development within the updated financial parameters set out in Appendix 4 be approved, subject to a satisfactory review of the Phase 2 & 3 inter phase financial appraisals.
4. authority be delegated to the Corporate Director for People & Communities to conclude the appointment of Wates for Phase 2 & 3 of the Cardiff Living programme subject to the approval of the Phase 2 & 3 inter phase financial appraisals & the Director for Legal Services be instructed to make amendments to the Cardiff Living Development Agreement as necessary.
5. the updated list of sites ring-fenced for the Cardiff Living programme be approved and authority be delegated to the Corporate Director for People & Communities to add or omit sites as necessary.
Publication date: 16/05/2019
Date of decision: 16/05/2019
Decided at meeting: 16/05/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 30/05/2019