Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
At its meeting on 17 December 2020 the Council Cabinet authorised officers to consult on proposals to:
· consult on proposals to increase the capacity of Ysgol Mynydd Bychan from c0.9FE (192 places) to 1.5FE (up to 315 pupils) from September 2022.
· undertake a stakeholder engagement exercise to shape proposals that would be taken forward to provide an appropriate balance of Welsh-medium and English-medium primary school places to serve the area.
It was noted that consultation on the Admission Arrangements for the 2022/23 academic year will include a proposal to reduce the admission number of Allensbank Primary School from 45 to 30 places.
It was noted that officers would bring a report on the outcome of the consultation to a future meeting to seek authorisation as to whether to proceed to publish proposals in accordance with section 48 of The School Standards and Organisation (Wales) Act 2013
This report summarises the views expressed during the consultation with recommendations regarding how to proceed
1. It be agreed to not progress the proposal to increase the capacity of Ysgol Mynydd Bychan from c0.9 Forms of Entry (FE) (192 places) to 1.5 FE (315 places) from September 2022
2. Officers be authorised to bring a further report to Cabinet for consideration, setting out details of revised proposals for permanent changes to primary school places serving Cathays and parts of Gabalfa, Heath, Llandaff North and Plasnewydd
3. It be noted that the agreed School Admission Arrangements 2022/2023 as set out in the Admissions Policy 2022/2023 includes an Admission Number of 30 for Allensbank Primary School.
4. That it be noted that the proposed increase in the Admission Number to 45 places at Ysgol Mynydd Bychan in the Admissions Policy 2022/2023 will not be implemented.
Publication date: 18/06/2021
Date of decision: 17/06/2021
Decided at meeting: 17/06/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 30/06/2021