Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Channel View redevelopment scheme is currently being consulted on ahead of a formal planning submission. The Cabinet must be briefed on progress and authority is being sought to move into the development/delivery stage. Subject to a planning permission being granted, a contractor needs to be procured for phase 1 and empty property needs to be demolished.
Furthermore, the development pipeline for the additional build programme (outside of Cardiff Living) needs to be discussed and approval is being sought from Cabinet to tender for contractors for projects above £5 million in value.
Appendix 1 & 3 to this report are not for publication as they contain exempt information of the description contained in paragraph 14 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972
1. the progress made to date on the Council’s new build housing programme and the ambition to deliver over 2,500 low-carbon council homes in the longer term be noted.
2. the Procurement Plan attached to the report be noted and the procurement of contractors for each of the identified projects carrying out procurement in line with the plan be approved
3. authority be delegated to the Corporate Director People & Communities, in consultation with the Corporate Director Resources and the Cabinet Member Housing & Communities and the Cabinet Member Modernisation & Performance, to undertake all aspects of the procurement process including determining tender criteria, approving the tender packs, evaluating criteria and concluding the appointments.
4. the progression of the Channel View redevelopment scheme, the submission of a planning application for the Masterplan and a detailed application for Phase 1 of the scheme be approved
5. authority be given to make ‘Home-loss’ compensation payments to owners and tenants of dwellings displaced by the redevelopment scheme and authority be delegated to the Assistant Director in Housing & Communities to conclude terms as outlined in Appendix 3.
Publication date: 23/11/2020
Date of decision: 19/11/2020
Decided at meeting: 19/11/2020 - Cabinet
Effeithiol O: 03/12/2020