Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The development of a draft White Paper which is informed by the extensive Transport and Clean Air Green Paper consultation held in Spring 2018. The White Paper will provide a long term vision for the city’s transport network, aligning closely with the ongoing clean air work programme the Council is undertaking with Welsh Government.
1. the White Paper – Cardiff Transport Vision - 2030 attached at Appendix 1 to the report be approved
2. it be noted that the Director of Planning Transport and Environment in consultation with the Cabinet Member will undertake a review of staffing and resources and assess the workforce requirements to ensure the White Paper Projects and the development of the delivery option Business Case can be adequately delivered.
3. the development of strategic and outline Business Cases on Delivery Options be approved and authority be delegated to the Director of Planning, Transport and Environment, subject to consultation with the Cabinet Member Strategic Planning and Transport, Cabinet Member Finance, Modernisation & Performance, s.151 Officer and Director Governance and Legal Services, to deal with all aspects of the procurement process (including approving the evaluation criteria to be used, commencing the procurement and authorising the award of the proposed contract) and all ancillary matters pertaining to the procurement.
4. a further report be received on the outcomes of the Outline Business Case to agree any necessary consultation and next steps to develop the full business case.
5. Authority be delegated to the Director of Planning, Transport and Environment in consultation with the Leader and Cabinet Member for Strategic Planning and Transport, to engage with the Regional Transport Authority and other partners/stakeholders on the White Paper and delivery option Business Cases.
6. the Cardiff Transport Vision - 2030 be referred to Council for noting
Publication date: 24/01/2020
Date of decision: 23/01/2020
Decided at meeting: 23/01/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 05/02/2020