Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Schedule 3 of the Flood and Water Management Act 2010 comes
into force on the 7th January 2019. From this date onwards:
· All new developments of more than 1 house or where the construction area is 100m2 or more, will require sustainable drainage systems (SuDS) for managing surface water;
· Drainage systems for all new developments must be designed and built in accordance with statutory SuDS standards;
· Local authorities will become SuDS Approval Bodies (SAB);
· SuDS schemes must be approved by the local authority acting in its SAB role before construction works begin.
· The SAB will have a duty to adopt compliant SuDS so long as it is built and functions in accordance with the approved proposals, including any SAB conditions of approval.
1. the establishment of the SuDS Approval Body within the Flood and Coastal Risk Management Team be approved
2. the responsibility of the SuDs Approval Body be delegated to the Director of Planning, Transport and Environment to enable the further delegation of decisions
3. Authority for the setting of levels of discretionary fees, relating to the approval body, be delegated to the Director of Planning, Transport and Environment in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Finance, Modernisation & Performance, Cabinet for Clean Streets, Recycling & Environment and the Section 151 Officer.
Publication date: 22/02/2019
Date of decision: 21/02/2019
Decided at meeting: 21/02/2019 - Cabinet
Effeithiol O: 06/03/2019