The Audit Committee has a number of functions, including:
· To consider the Council’s corporate governance arrangements against the good governance framework by way of the process of compiling the Annual Governance Statement.
· To review the Annual Governance Statement prior to approval and consider whether it properly reflects the risk environment and supporting assurances, taking into account the internal audit opinion on the overall adequacy and effectiveness of the Council’s framework of governance, risk and internal control.
· To consider the Council’s framework of assurance and ensure that it adequately addresses the risk and priorities of the Council.
· To monitor and scrutinise the effective development and operation of the risk management arrangements within the Council.
· To oversee progress in addressing risk related issues reported to the Committee, such as the Corporate Risk Register.
· To consider any Anti-Fraud strategies, policies or procedures.
Support officer: Graham Porter.
Phone: 029 2087 3401